Become a part of TulsaMET
To keep up with our annual events with our clubs, internships and community service activities, please visit our social site and reach out to our home office.
We look forward to working with you and appreciate any donated time, funds and participation with and for our students here at TulsaMET!
Tulsa MET Parent involvement Plan
Tulsa Public Schools shall promote parent involvement in all schools as mandated by Title I, No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and work as equal parents with parents in providing quality learning experiences for every student, everyday ,without exception.
The Board believes and acknowledges that parent involvement raises the academic achievement level of students. Additionally, parents become empowered, teacher morale improves and communities grow stronger when parents in the education of their children at all grades levels. The Superintendent or his/her designee shall provide coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist all schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance. Public Law 107-110, No Child Left Behind; section 1118-Title I Parent Involvement establishes that to build capacity for parent involvement within schools, a district is to "develop jointly with, agree on with, and distribute to parents of participating children a written parent Involvement Policy."
Building Parents Capacity for Involvement
1. Program Information for Parents: Tulsa MET High School is structured towards the Big Picture Learning approach, which explores careers and career paths through internships. Advisors develop a learning plan for each student, which include parents. Tulsa Met High shall provide assistance to parents of all children in understanding such topics as the state's academic content and achievement standards, the assessments being used, the requirements of Title 1, Part A, No Child Left Behind. (NCLB) and how to monitor their children's progress and work with educators to improve their achievement.
2. Materials and Training: Tulsa Met High School shall provide materials and training such as literacy training and training on howt o use technology, to help parents work with their children to improvea chievement.
3. Educate Educators: Each Summer before school begins teachers attend workshops. These work shops are held, to enhance-the following topics:
• Strategies to engage students and parents through learning plans
•Prevention of problems
•Feedback from peers to better serve students
4. Understandable Communication: Tulsa Met Staff shall ensure that information related to school and parents such as; programs, meetings, and other activities, are sent to parents in a language parent can understand. Calls are made to the parents regarding attendance and other issues, by teachers. Notes are written by students to invite parents to activities (exhibitions) in the parent's language.
5. Tulsa Met High School shall provide such other reasonable support parental involvement activities as parents mayrequest.
* Parent Involvement: Safe/Security Committee
* Students exhibitions for each student and parent
* Senior, Bridge, and Gateway Night
* Graduation Ceremony
* Making a Difference
* Making Proud Choices
Adopted September 2018
Legal References: No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, P.L. 107-110, Title I
Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
would you like to volunteer?
We are looking for:
- Mentors for Internships
- Club Volunteers
- Teacher Assistants
TulsaMET Jr. High & High
6201 East Virgin Street
Tulsa, OK 74115